Here is Everything You Need to Know About Sublimation Prints. Sublimation printing has long been the industry standard when it comes to printing promotional items, and it’s easy to see why.
The process allows you to print images onto a wide variety of substrates that then transfer the ink directly into the fibers of the substrate, creating a high-quality printed product that won’t fade over time like traditional screen-printing does.
Here are some tips on how to use sublimation printing as effectively as possible!
What is Sublimation Printing?
Sublimation printing allows for a company to print designs on different types of materials. This process is often used for t-shirts, which are the most popular item that uses this type of printing. The best part about sublimation printing is that you can use any design you want, whether it be your company logo or just a catchy saying.
Once printed, the design will never fade away. This process also works well with other types of fabrics such as canvas and spandex. And if you’re looking for something completely different, such as wood, metal or acrylic, there’s a way to do that too!
Sublimation prints are very versatile in their applications, and what you choose depends on what you’re trying to accomplish. For instance, metal or acrylic sublimation prints would be good for adding images onto trophy plaques, while fabric prints work well on shirts.
But whatever the case may be, don’t worry – we’ll help make sure everything turns out exactly how you want it! We know how important it is for our customers to get high quality products that look professional.
That’s why we always offer free proofs of every product before you commit to anything, so if there’s any detail that needs tweaking then we’ll take care of it. It all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.
If you prefer a thicker shirt that doesn’t wrinkle, then we have those options available too. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction, and we aim to provide only the highest quality products available on the market today.
Advantages of using it
Sublimation prints are a great way to create a personalized gift for someone you care about. Not only does it allow you to print your own photo onto the shirt, but it also ensures that the color will not fade in the wash.
Not only that, but sublimation printing is environmentally friendly because it does not use any chemicals or water. One of the best parts about this printing technique is that it can be done at home! All you need is an inkjet printer and some T-shirts and you are all set.
List of Advantages:
- The colors will not fade in the wash since there are no chemicals or water used in the process.
- It’s environmentally friendly because it doesn’t require water or chemicals.
- Since they don’t require much materials, they’re perfect for making personalized gifts and can be done at home with an inkjet printer and some t-shirts.
- There are two main ways to transfer images: one being heat activated, which involves setting up the print on top of the desired fabric then applying heat and pressure; the other option is non-heat activated where you place the image on top of garments then iron them together.
- If you want more than just text printed on a garment, then check out our social media page below where we share all kinds of custom designed shirts like political logos, family crests, and even graduation caps!
List of disadvantages
1. The sublimation process is more expensive than other printing processes and can only be used for smaller print runs because it takes a long time and a lot of ink to make each print,
2. The colors will not show as vibrantly as they do in other printing processes,
3. White-based colors will show up with a pink hue because of the dye reaction that occurs during the sublimation process,
4. Because of the longer time it takes, if your order is delayed you run the risk of missing your deadline, 5. Sublimation prints are not waterproof and cannot be laundered or dry cleaned,
6. But this doesn’t stop them from being one of the most versatile printing processes available on today’s market.
7. Their durability means that you can use them to showcase temporary art,
8. Offer them as gift items at trade shows or conferences where attendees take home something from every booth they visit,
9. Use them to decorate retail spaces without risking damage to more delicate materials like glassware or porcelain figurines,
10. And when framed properly using UV protected materials,
11. It’s possible to create high quality reproductions of famous works of art such as Van Gogh’s Starry Night painting using this process alone!
How You can Do Sublimation Prints
1. Design your artwork on a computer, in your favorite image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. The final design should be saved as a 300 DPI resolution file (or higher) for printing purposes
2. Send the file to the printer and they will use it to create a sublimation printer
3. After this process is complete, you can have them send the artwork directly to you so that you can cut and mount it.
4. Mount the prints with adhesive or staples
5. Place a sheet of glass behind the print, press firmly against any wrinkles in the paper
6. With either glass side up or down, place pressure on all four corners of your sublimation printed material
7. Leave the cover on until the glue has completely dried
8. Remove cover
9. If an image has air bubbles, then you can use an X-acto knife to carefully pop them
10. To get the best quality photo from a sublimation print, make sure that your camera is properly focused and expose it correctly
What type of materials can be printed on with sublimation printing?
Sublimation printing is a technique that takes advantage of the heat generated by the printer. It can be used on any type of material, from paper and fabric to wood and metal.
What are the benefits of sublimation printing?
Sublimation printing is a great option for personalizing anything from t-shirts, mugs and more! With sublimation printing, there are no minimum order requirements or setup fees. And the best part is that there’s no chance of getting an error in your design.
How are sublimated prints made?
There are a few ways that sublimated prints can be made, but the most common is printing on paper and then passing it through a heated chamber. The heat transfers the ink onto the paper, which allows for a much higher level of detail.
Sublimation printing is a process that allows for the easy customization of products. With a sublimation printer, you can simply upload your image or company logo and be able to print it on whatever type of garment you want.
This process not only gives you the freedom to do what you want with your prints, but it also saves money since one design can be printed on many different types of products. This eliminates the need for many different printers and cuts down on costs dramatically.
Through this process, companies can make custom t-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, aprons, towels and more. If you’re interested in learning more about how sublimation printing works or are ready to get started with your own project, follow other guides on our website!
Last Updated on October 3, 2022