Cordless snow blowers are becoming more and more popular every year as they come at an increasing price point but also providing more power and better features to help make your job easier.
That’s why you’re here, aren’t you? To find the best cordless snow blower? Well, keep reading to learn about our top five picks. At the end of this review, you’ll have all of the info you need to buy the best cordless snowblower for your needs. Let’s get started!
What Is a Cordless Snow Blower?
A cordless snow blower is a tool used to remove snow from surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways, patios and decks. These devices are self-propelled machines that can be used with or without electricity. The motors on these models typically range from five horsepower to 15 horsepower and run at speeds between 2,500 RPMs to 5,000 RPMs.
There are also smaller models available that are meant for lighter jobs such as clearing off your car’s windshield. The most important thing to know before purchasing a cordless snow blower is the amount of power you need. If you have an average-sized driveway of 1,500 square feet or less then a 5 HP model should work well for you.
Also Check out Best Sublimation Printer for beginners 2023
You can have short product description here. It can be added as and enable/disable toggle option from which user can have control on it.The Ego 21-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion snow blower is a great machine for clearing your driveway and walkways of snow. This model is lightweight, well balanced, with an easy to use control panel which makes it a great option for people of all ages.
The best feature about this machine is that it has a powerful engine that delivers the speed you need to get the job done quickly. It also has two speeds, so you can decide how much effort you want to put into your work. In terms of downsides, this model does not have headlights which would be helpful if you are using this in the evening or early morning hours. Additionally, this machine does not come with its own cord storage box.
That being said, it should still hold enough cords for one charge. If these features don’t bother you then the Ego 21-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion snow blower is a good investment for those who live in areas where there’s plenty of snowfall during the winter months.
- Ego snow blowers are perfect for homeowners who don’t need to clear a large area of snow because they are battery operated with a range of about 30 feet.
- Their lightweight design means that it is easy to maneuver the machine around your driveway or sidewalk, but you should still be careful not to bump into anything like trees or posts because there is no power steering on this model.
- With only a 36-volt battery, this machine is not designed for clearing large areas of snow, so the Ego might not be the best option if you have an acre of land or more to clear in your yard.
- The Ego 21-inch 56 volt Lithium ion snow blower has an LED headlight which makes it easier to see while using the machine at night. The company recommends charging the battery fully before starting to use the machine as this helps maximize performance and runtime.
- If you choose to buy an extra battery pack, these are compatible with other cordless tools from EGO such as lawn mowers and string trimmers for even less weight when moving from one job site to another.
- The best thing about owning a cordless snow blower is not having any messy cords getting in your way while trying to clean up after winter weather.
- You can see the battery level by pressing the button on the side of the handle to access an LED indicator that displays whether or not it’s time to recharge your unit yet.
- The only drawback we found was that you can’t swap out batteries while you are using the machine – if you need to recharge during a job, then you have to wait until after it’s done before swapping out batteries (this is common with cordless tools).
- To get around this, make sure you buy a couple of spare batteries. They are about $70 each.
- The battery needs about 15 hours to fully charge, but when you receive the machine it may already be charged from factory conditions so don’t panic!
- It weighs 18lbs
- If you want one that’s compatible with gas power this isn’t for you
- But if all else fails, Ego offers a two year warranty
- Overall, these things work like a charm
- The Ego 21-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion snow blower can easily clear an area of about 1500 sq ft in about 40 minutes.
- It does not require gas or oil so it is environmentally friendly and there are no fumes to worry about when you are using it.
The Greenworks PRO 18-Inch 80V Cordless snow blower is an electric snow blower that provides a powerful 18 clearing width. This model has a powerful, high-efficiency 80V 2.0Ah Lithium Ion battery which will clear up to 900 square feet on a single charge, or you can use the included charger to charge it more quickly.
The handle features a collapsible design so that you can store this machine when not in use. Included with the snow blower are two LED headlights to light your way as well as an LED control panel for easy operation of the machine.
You’ll never have to worry about running out of power again with the included lithium ion battery. It also includes a patented chute rotation system which reduces clogging and jamming, making snow removal easier than ever before! Weighing in at just 27 pounds and standing only 42 inches tall, this cordless snow blower is one of our favorites!
- The Greenworks PRO 18-Inch 80V cordless snow blower is also extremely versatile. It can be used on a variety of surfaces including pavement, cement, or gravel for those who have a small sidewalk in front of their home that doesn’t require the larger size of a gas powered snow blower.
- The curved ergonomic handle makes it easy to maneuver around tight corners and obstacles with ease while still being able to reach all parts of your property with its 18 inch clearing width
- The 4 stage smart charger will charge the battery in just 8 hours and can handle up to 6 consecutive days use before needing to recharge
- The 180° articulating chute has an adjustable height and three directional positions so you can easily direct the snow where you want it.
- The brushless motor offers superior performance in heavy duty work like removing wet or dry snow from driveways, sidewalks, patios, decks and stairs.
- The blade on this cordless electric snow blower rotates at a high speed which helps throw snow more effectively than other models available today
- The device offers two power modes (low power mode is great for lighter jobs)
- Easier to maneuver – Compared to traditional gas-powered snow blowers, cordless models are much easier to maneuver around objects, corners and other tight spaces.
- No Maintenance Required – These snow blowers are often more cost-effective than their gasoline counterparts as you do not need to worry about running out of fuel or storing it away for the winter months.
- It’s environmentally friendly – Unlike traditional snow blowers which produce emissions from their engines, cordless models use electricity from a battery that doesn’t require any fossil fuels to power it up.
- Safe to operate- With no engine that emits harmful gases, you can operate these machines without worrying about getting your clothes dirty.
- Quieter – Most electric motors are much quieter than gas engines so if living in close proximity to your neighbours this could be a deciding factor when choosing between one of these products.
- 5 Reasons You Should Own A Greenworks PRO 18-Inch 80V Cordless Snow Blower And Some Top Picks For 2019
- The battery only lasts for about 30 minutes of continuous use
- The blower needs to be charged after every use if you want it to work in the future
The runner up for the best cordless snow blowers on the market is the Snow Joe Dual-Battery 48V – 18′′ Cordless Snow Blower. This snow blower offers great value for what you get, but it lacks some of the features that come standard with other models.
The only notable drawback to this machine is that it can be difficult to find replacement parts if something goes wrong because it’s a new model. If you need a machine that is more than just simple push button operation, this might not be for you. However, if you need a cheap alternative for those light or medium snowfalls, then this might be perfect for your needs.
- The battery life is excellent, with at least 20-40 minutes of continuous operation time per charge, depending on the power settings.
- If you are looking for a light duty snow blower that does not need an extension cord, then this is the best one for you!
- It’s worth noting that this snow blower can throw up to 18 inches of snow per pass, which is more than most other models in its class.
- The operation is pretty straightforward as well; just lock it into the on position by flipping the switch located on the handle bar and pull back on the handles to start moving forward or backward with your motor engaged, then release the handles to stop!
- There are two lithium ion batteries included with purchase, so you have enough juice to keep going all day long when they need to be charged.
- Like any machine, this is not perfect and has some drawbacks such as the inability to move through heavy snow like some heavier duty machines, but if you are looking for a lighter weight machine that will still do the job of clearing your drive way or walkway in less time than a traditional shoveling job might take, then this could be what you’ve been waiting for!
- The snow blower comes with two batteries, so you’ll always have one available when the other one dies out.
- It’s easy to operate because there is no gas or oil needed to operate it.
- It can cover up to 500 square feet per minute.
- You won’t need a power outlet either because it operates on a rechargeable battery.
- If you are looking for an environmentally friendly snow blower, this one qualifies as it doesn’t use any harmful gases or oils like traditional gas-powered ones do which means it is good for your family and the environment!
- For anyone who wants a cordless snow blower that doesn’t use any kind of fuel at all, this could be the best option for them!
- Noise- the snow Joe isn’t the quietest of snow blowers but if you can deal with a little noise while you work, this is a great buy for you.
The Worx 40V 20 Cordless Snowblower Power Share with Brushless Motor is a fantastic option for anyone looking to buy a snow blower that is easy to use, powerful, and reliable. It includes an electric start mechanism, so you don’t need to use gas or pull on the cord. The brushless motor means it will last longer while providing more power than other models.
The dual blades are designed to handle all types of snow, including wet or heavy snow. This product can be used in areas up to 100 square feet without any problems! The Worx 40V 20 Cordless Snow Blower Power Share with Brushless Motor is one of the best-selling corded snow blowers available today. In fact, it’s also a best seller on Amazon! One customer reported that they were very happy with this purchase and said they would recommend this model to others.
Some people had negative feedback about how loud this unit was when operating but most people found it quieter than expected. In general, customers seem satisfied with the performance of this Worx model.
- Consistent power throughout the charge – Worx 40V 20 Cordless Snow Blower Power Share with Brushless Motor – WG471 can provide consistent power throughout the charge, even when you are blowing off a large area of snow. The brushless motor gives you a high efficiency, so you don’t have to wait for it to charge before using it again!
- Rapid cord-free operation – There’s no waiting for cords to stretch or tangle as with gas-powered machines because this Worx 40V 20 Cordless Snow Blower Power Share with Brushless Motor – WG471 is designed to work without electricity!
- Wide clearing path – With its wide clearing path, this Worx 40V 20 Cordless Snow Blower Power Share with Brushless Motor – WG471 is perfect for larger jobs like sidewalks or driveways that may need more than one pass over. It also has an innovative design that allows users to adjust the angle of the chute from left side discharge to right side discharge depending on where they want the snow to go.
- Ergonomic design – Easily maneuvered by hand while standing upright, its lightweight and ergonomic design allows you to handle these heavy winter jobs without putting your back out!
- It has a 20-inch clearing width, so you can make your way through the snow more quickly.
- It is powered by a 40V battery that can last up to an hour of continuous use before needing to be recharged, making it possible to complete the job without having to stop for charging every once in a while.
- With brushless motor technology, you’ll get more power and torque with less wear on the motor so you can clear your driveway efficiently without worrying about breaking down mid-job.
- The WG471 can also be used to clear your sidewalks and decks thanks to its wider 20-inch clearing width.
- The Worx 40V 20 Cordless Snow Blower Power Share with Brushless Motor – WG471 has a brushless motor that ensures durability, but it also doesn’t require you to replace the brushes.
The snow Joe iON18SB-XC 40-volt Lithium-Ion Xtreme cordless snow blower is a great option for people who don’t have the time to deal with cords. It features a powerful motor that can remove up to 400 pounds of snow per minute and it’s light enough to carry up the stairs.
The battery lasts for about an hour when fully charged, so this unit is best suited for smaller jobs like sidewalks or driveways. Plus, you’ll never need to worry about cords again because this model comes with a 5-year warranty. However, there are a few things you should know before buying this model.
First, it does not come with anti-friction wheels, which makes pushing snow more difficult than other models on the market today. Second, the two batteries are sold separately–you’re going to need at least one extra set if you plan on using this machine regularly in winter months. But if convenience is your top priority then we recommend going with this machine–it gets the job done!
- The iON18SB-XC is powerful, lightweight and includes an extra battery for double the runtime.
- It also has a scraper blade, so you can remove snow from sidewalks or driveways after you’ve blown it away with the snow blower (which is really nice).
- It’s one of the best cordless snow blowers on the market today, at only $299!
- The iON18SB-XC is also fairly easy to assemble – it took me about 20 minutes total to put it together out of the box, which was a nice surprise!
- It also has a safety key feature which will stop the machine if you forget to turn it off manually!
- It also has a large, comfortable handle that is easy to grip!
- It is a lightweight machine that is easy to operate and maneuver
- The machine starts quickly with the electric start function
- It can throw snow up to 20 feet away
- The single-lever height adjustment control allows you to use it on uneven surfaces
- It has a push button operation that prevents accidental starting
- It is versatile, lightweight, maneuverable and powerful. Cons of Snow Joe iON18SB-XC 40-volt Lithium-Ion Xtreme Cordless snow blower – First Paragraph: 1. The machine does not have a battery indicator, which makes it impossible to determine how much juice is left until it runs out
- It is a bit more expensive than a comparable gas-powered snow blower but not that much more;
- It doesn’t have the power of a gas powered one so you might need to go over the same area several times;
Things to consider before buying best Cordless Snowblower
Before you buy a snow blower, there are a few things to consider. First, how much snow do you get? Second, is your home on a hill? Third, what kind of terrain are you dealing with? Fourth, do you have anything planted in the area that will be cleared? Fifth, do you want something electric or gas powered? Sixth, what is your budget like? Seventh, can you store it during the summer months?
How much snow will I have to deal with on average in my area? In general, the more snow fall your locale receives each year (in inches), the heavier duty of the machine you will need. For moderate snowfall areas (10-20 per year) an electric model may suffice. 2. Is my house at the top of a steep hill? If so, you’ll need to move around a lot. You should make sure your cordless snow blower has long enough battery life for all those yards!
What type of terrain am I working with? It’s important to know what type of surface you’re dealing with when purchasing a cordless snowblower because different models work better on certain surfaces. Some examples include: cement walkways, gravel driveways, stairs/steps, steps covered in ice/snow etc..
Generally speaking most cordless models can handle light level terrain such as sidewalks without too many problems; however if you’re going up steep hills or into heavy woods – then an electric model is best suited for these terrains.
There are a lot of cordless snow blowers on the market, but not all of them are worth your time. To help you out, I’ve listed below my top 5 favorite cordless snow blowers.
The best cordless snow blower for most people is the Snow Joe iON18SB-XC 40-volt Lithium-Ion Xtreme Cordless snow blower because it has an adjustable chute that can be used to throw snow in front of or behind you. It also has a variable speed control that enables you to adjust the power for different conditions like light fluffy powder or heavy wet slushy snow.
This model is lightweight at just under 16 pounds, so it’s also easy to use on stairs and hillsides. Another plus about this model is that it doesn’t require gas, oil, or a mix. Just plug in and go! The last thing I’ll mention about this product is its lifetime warranty; if anything goes wrong with this machine they’ll fix it free of charge.
How much does a cordless snow blower cost?
A cordless snow blower can vary in price from $200 to $400. What is the difference between a plug-in snow blower and a cordless one? Plug-in snow blowers require an electrical outlet nearby to run, whereas cordless ones do not.
How many inches of snow can a cordless snow blower handle?
A cordless snow blower can typically handle about 8 inches of wet, heavy, or packed-down snow. Do you need any extra tools to use a cordless snow blower? It’s recommended that you also purchase gloves, goggles, shovels and/or salt with your purchase.
What does a cordless snow blower run on?
A cordless snow blower runs on a rechargeable battery. It’s recommended that you charge your battery at least every 3-4 uses.
Last Updated on December 6, 2022