Here are The Best Sublimation Printers for Beginners in 2023. It used to be the case that most sublimation printers were rather expensive and out of reach for most first time printers. While you still need to spend some money to get started with a printer, the days of spending $1000’s of dollars to get started are long gone thanks to the entry level sublimation printers on the market today.
For this reason, we decided to put together a list of the best sublimation printers for beginners in 2023, so that anyone looking to get started can do so at an affordable price point.
The Best Sublimation Printers for Beginners in 2023
One of the best sublimation printers on the market is the Sawgrass Virtuoso SG500. This printer does not use ink, instead it uses heat to transfer ink to special paper. It has a number of features that help you achieve high quality printing with minimal maintenance. The one drawback is that this printer can be quite expensive, but if you’re looking for something that will last a while and produce quality prints, then it may be worth it.
For example, the ink cartridges need to be replaced less often than those used by other types of printers. There are also plenty of color options and design templates available.
- Better and more expensive – The printers that are on this list are the best that you can buy if you’re a beginner, and they are all budget-friendly. But there is a difference between the cheapest and the most expensive ones, so it might be worth it to start with one of the cheaper models and then upgrade when you feel like your business has grown or if you just want a better printer.
- Prints using mesh – If you want a printer that prints using mesh, I would recommend choosing one of the Epson models on this list because those are some of the only printers out there which use mesh instead of ink cartridges.Some come with different size print heads – A few of these printers also have different size print heads which will allow you to create bigger images as well as smaller ones. That way, you don’t have to keep switching back and forth depending on what type of image you want to create.
- Quiet operation – Another great thing about these printers is that they operate very quietly and won’t disturb anyone who’s nearby while printing.
- Quick drying time – Printing time doesn’t take too long with any of these machines either; the average is around 15 seconds per inch, but some can finish even faster than that!
- It has a small footprint and can be placed on your desk or even your lap with ease.
- 2. The SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG500 is highly portable and can fit nicely into a backpack or other small carrying case, which is perfect for taking it to trade shows, fairs, and markets where you want to make and sell custom prints without having to worry about large booths.
- 3. It features an easy-to-use touch screen interface that makes setting up the printer a breeze while also giving you complete control over the design process so that you can achieve your desired results every time
- 4.The user manual includes simple tutorials that allow you to create professional graphics in just minutes using industry standard software such as CorelDraw.
- 5. Another pro of the Sawgrass Virtuoso SG500 is its auto leveling sensor, which helps ensure accurate placement of ink across fabric every time.
- 6. Not only does this printer have a USB port but also a memory card slot, meaning that once set up all you need to do is plug it in, open your software and go!
- This printer is an entry-level model and does not have any of the sophisticated features found on some more expensive models.
This is an ideal printer for beginners because of its high-quality features, but it does come with a higher price tag. The SAWGRASS Virtuoso SG400 has been specially designed to be easy to use, so you can start printing like a pro from the moment you plug it in. It has a large color gamut which makes it perfect for printing photographs and graphics that need superior detail. You’ll also love the user-friendly layout of the control panel and LCD screen, which provides all the information you need at a glance. This printer also comes with excellent connectivity options including USB and Wi-Fi.
- Durability – The printer needs to be able to withstand use and abuse so it won’t stop working when you need it the most.
- Print quality – You want a printer that is able to produce high quality prints that are both long lasting and vibrant in color, this will ensure your prints will look professional and the design will last long after the event is over.
3. Customer service – You need a company with excellent customer service because if there is a problem you want them to fix it fast or refund your money no questions asked!
- 1. Dye-sublimation printing process: the SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 is a dye-sublimation printer, which means it uses ink made from both dyes and polymers to print on fabrics and garments.
- 2. Durability: It can be used to print on just about any fabric, including cotton t-shirts, denim jeans, fleece jackets, canvas prints and more without fear of fading or peeling
- 3. Easily set up: You can easily install the software that comes with the SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 right out of the box
- 4. Great customer service: The customer service is great at SAWGRASS and they are able to answer your questions quickly via email
- 5. High capacity – With its generous 200 cm x 150 cm maximum print area (77 x 59), this printer can fit an entire design plus some wiggle room
- 6. 100% compatible with Windows
- 7 and higher, Mac OS 10.7 and higher, or Linux Ubuntu 16.04LTS+ 7. Two built-in USB ports for easy PC connection
- 8. Quiet operation
- 9. Small footprint
- 10. Supports English interface
- It does not have WiFi connectivity, which is a feature that many people might like to see in a sublimation printer.
The Epson WorkForce WF-7720 is a great option for those looking to do professional quality prints but don’t have a lot of experience with sublimation printing technology. The Epson WorkForce WF-7720 comes with both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity, which makes it easy to send files from your computer or mobile device to the printer. It also features a huge color touchscreen that makes using the interface easy and intuitive.
- It can print in six different colors, which is a lot more than other printers on the market.
- The ink cartridges last a long time, meaning you won’t have to replace them as often as with some other models on the market.
- It has been designed with simplicity and ease of use in mind, so it’s really easy to set up and start printing straight away – perfect if you want to get started without any hassle at all!
- 1. The Epson WorkForce WF-7720 is a good printer that has many features, such as a scanner, fax, and document feeder which makes it very useful to have on hand for your office needs.
- 2. It is an eco-friendly printer and can save you money on ink by having lower cost cartridges.
- 3. It is lightweight and portable enough to take from one room to another with ease if needed without any hassle or strain on the person moving it around or carrying it out of the room.
- 4. The ink isn’t quite as expensive as some other models but still pretty high compared to average printers.
- 5. One downside to this model is that it doesn’t come with built in Wi-Fi so you would need a Wi-Fi adapter for your computer before using this printer wirelessly. Another downside is that there are no touchscreen options available with this printer either so all settings must be done through the menu screen buttons instead of through touch commands. All in all, this would be best for those who don’t mind getting their hands dirty tweaking things up more than someone who wants something easy to use right away and expects everything set up just how they want it without needing much input into the process of setting up their printer themselves.
What makes this printer one of the best? The HP Office Jet Pro 8035 is a compact, all-in-one printer designed to handle your business’ needs. It can scan, copy and print. Plus, it has a wireless printing option and an automatic duplexer so you can print on both sides of a sheet of paper with ease. It also has a touchscreen LCD display that makes navigating the menus as easy as pie. And if you’re looking for something with more bells and whistles, fear not: This printer offers faxing capabilities too!
- Design- The design of the HP Office Jet Pro 8035 is one of its best features. It has a space-saving, sleek and modern look that will complement any office décor.
- Paper Handling- The printer can handle up to 550 sheets at once and you won’t have to worry about loading paper again until it runs out.
- Connectivity- It has the ability to print wirelessly or by connecting via Ethernet cable which allows you to print from any location within your office or home without having to move the printer back and forth between locations!
- Security Features- The printer includes an embedded smart chip that ensures your prints are secure from unauthorized access as well as encrypted documents so your information is protected from being hacked.
- It has an impressive print speed of 28 ppm with a first page out time of 8.5 seconds and a top output resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi. It’s got an auto document feeder that can hold up to 20 sheets at a time so you can save time by not having to reload the tray manually every time you want to print something else.
- The HP Office Jet Pro 8035 also comes with WiFi connectivity, so it’s easy to print from anywhere you are as long as your device is connected to the same network and printer is turned on and connected, which makes it great for mobile printing.
- Unlike some printers that have just one cartridge, this model offers four separate cartridges: black ink, color ink (cyan-magenta-yellow), photo ink and matte black ink.
- You don’t need to worry about running out of ink or forgetting to replace it because you will get notifications when there is low ink or when it’s time to replace a cartridge.
- When they do need replacing though, replacements are available online or in stores if you prefer them over ordering them online.
- One minor drawback though is that the cost per printed page seems quite high at around 18 cents per page – but if you consider the quality of what this printer produces then this shouldn’t be too much of an issue!
- The quality is not as good as other printers on the market.
- It takes a while to heat up so printing can be slower than desired.
The EcoTank ET-15000 is the perfect printer for beginners because it is so easy to use, and can handle just about any fabric. You can print on the go with the built-in battery and charger. It has a 4×4-inch printing area, which is perfect for creating small items like wallets or sleeves. Plus, it comes with preloaded designs that are ready to go right out of the box!
- The Epson EcoTank ET-15000 is a great option for beginners who are on a tight budget or have a small business. The printer offers the same level of quality as more expensive models and the ink cartridges last longer than other brands, so you won’t need to replace them as often.
- All of the EcoTank printers use water-based dye ink, which is more environmentally friendly than other types of printer ink.
- For just over $500, this printer has all the features that someone needs to get started with sublimation printing without paying too much upfront cost and it’s still easy to find replacement ink when needed!
- Epson EcoTank ET-15000’s best quality and it is also the number one reason to buy this printer if you are looking for an eco-friendly option. The printer uses the smallest ink cartridges in the industry so you will be able to print more images on a single cartridge before it needs to be replaced, which means less waste! Plus,
- Epson EcoTank ET-15000 has been designed to use as little power as possible and can print up to 100 pages on just one liter of ink! It also has a low running cost of just $0.06 per page, which is much cheaper than most other printers on the market.
- Epson EcoTank ET-15000 printer is excellent with crisp colors that don’t fade over time or after repeated printing. Even when printing photos at 300 DPI, colors are sharp and vivid with no blurriness or pixelation – something that isn’t common with many other sublimation printers on the market today.
- There’s a max resolution of 1440 x 720 dpi with borderless printing available, meaning your prints come out smooth without any white edges around them.
- Epson EcoTank ET-15000 is compatible with both PC and Mac platforms, which makes it ideal for people who work on either type of computer (or both!).
- The EcoTank ET-15000 is a very basic printer that doesn’t have many features, but it is still powerful enough to use as your everyday sublimation printer if you are just getting started.
Things To Consider Before Buying Best Sublimation Printer For Beginners
Get the ink system right
The first thing you need to decide is whether you want a dye-based or pigment-based printer. Dye printers produce prints with smoother, more vibrant colors while pigment printers are less expensive and have a faster print time. If you’re on a budget and just want to experiment with sublimation printing, then I would recommend getting a pigment printer.
Decide what kind of paper you will be using
Not all papers are made equal, so if you have specific needs then it’s best to get one that is designed for those purposes instead of trying to use one that’s not made for the type of design work you do.
Consider your workflow
Your workflow might determine how often you can put your printer to use because some printers require a lengthy warm up period before they can start printing.
Determine your budget
If you have an unlimited amount of money, then go ahead and buy the best possible equipment out there but most people don’t have this luxury so take into consideration how much space you have as well as the cost when making your decision.
Do some research beforehand
There are lots of different manufacturers out there and each one offers their own set of features which might be perfect for someone else but not necessarily for you. It helps to read reviews from other customers who may have gone through the same process as yourself before deciding on which model to buy.
Ask your friends
You know your friends better than anyone else so ask them for advice and input about their experiences.
Look at online reviews
Reviews are great because you can get an idea of what others think about the product without actually having to try it yourself.
If you happen to know any professional designers, ask them which printers they prefer over others as they probably have tried quite a few themselves over the years.
Set aside extra funds for maintenance/repair costs
Printer maintenance can sometimes run anywhere between $100-$200 per year depending on usage and if parts need replacing frequently or not (such as toner cartridges). Always make sure that you’re aware of these expenses before buying a printer. That’s it! That’s our guide on the best sublimation printers for beginners in 2022. Hope you found it helpful!
How to Choose a Cheap, Small, Portable and Affordable Desktop or All-In-One Computer/Printer?
One of the first things you’ll need when you want to start printing photos or designs onto fabric is a printer. In this section, we’ll go over some things you should consider before making a purchase to help you find the right one for your needs. The first thing to think about is how large your prints are going to be and how often you will use the printer. If you just plan on printing small photographs and design that don’t take up much space, then a desktop or all-in-one printer might be best. But if you’re planning on making larger prints or need more versatility, then an inexpensive portable printer might work better for your needs.
What You Will Need Before You Start Printing
- Your computer – Make sure you have a laptop or desktop with a USB port, the less crowded the better!
- Your printer – Any brand will do as long as it is compatible with your computer’s operating system and has the necessary cables to connect to it.
- Paper for your printer.
- Ink cartridges.
- A heat press (optional).
- An image editing program like Photoshop or Gimp.
Is it worth getting a sublimation printer?
There are many benefits to getting a sublimation printer. First of all, the printer is capable of printing on a variety of materials such as T-shirts, mugs, and more. Plus, it is fairly easy to use with plenty of tutorials available online. Finally, they are also affordable enough that anyone can get one without breaking the bank. All these factors make sublimation printers a great purchase.
What is the lifespan of sublimation ink?
Sublimation ink is a type of ink that will last much longer than any other types of printing methods. This type of printing has the ability to print on just about anything, from t-shirts and sweatshirts to hats and mugs. The lifespan can vary depending on how it is cared for, but you should be able to get at least 300 prints with an average sublimation printer before the color fades or starts to look washed out.
What is the difference between sublimation printing and screen printing?
Sublimation printing and screen printing are two different methods of transferring ink to paper. When you print with sublimation, the ink is turned into gas and then fixed onto a polyester sheet that can be heat transferred to any type of fabric. Screen printing, on the other hand, uses a stencil to transfer ink onto a surface, such as paper or t-shirts.
As you can see, there are a lot of options when it comes to choosing the best sublimation printer for beginners. Hopefully, this list has helped narrow down your options and helped you find the best printer that is right for you.
Last Updated on March 21, 2023