What Are They? A weed eater string trimmer, also known as a weed trimmer or simply trimmer, is a garden tool used to trim grass and weeds in hard-to-reach places where using lawnmowers and tilling isn’t practical or possible. In order to effectively use them, you’ll need to have an understanding of their parts and how to use them properly in various situations, especially if you are planning on purchasing one of the top 5 best battery powered weed eater string trimmers on our list. Here’s everything you need to know about these versatile and convenient tools!
Also Check out Best Lawn Aerators for beginners 2023
Let’s face it, nobody likes trimming their lawn with a gas-powered weed eater. It’s messy, noisy, smelly, and expensive. If you’re tired of the hassle that comes with using these tools, we have an answer for you: the Black & Decker LSTE525 String Trimmer Edger. This cordless trimmer will make your yardwork easier than ever before!
The LSTE525 is a powerful battery powered trimmer that can handle any task you throw at it. It has a powerful 12-volt motor that spins at up to 11000 RPMs so it can quickly cut through even the toughest weeds without stalling or bogging down. Best of all, it doesn’t require any kind of fuel other than the batteries included with the unit. With just two C-cell batteries installed, this tool is ready to go whenever you need it. In fact, this tool can run continuously for up to 60 minutes on one charge! That makes it perfect for larger yards where you might need more time between charging periods.
What’s more, changing out your batteries is a snap! The LSTE525 has an easy-to-use battery compartment on top of its handle so you can swap in fresh ones as needed. Because it comes with two batteries for your convenience, you don’t have to worry about running out of power in between jobs or getting caught without enough juice left when it’s time to finish up. You’ll never have to pull cords again!
- Black & Decker LSTE525 : A leading brand in the power tools industry, Black & Decker is a trusted name when it comes to tools. With this weed eater string trimmer edger, you can enjoy the benefits of power without needing an extension cord or gas!
- It has a long battery life, making it perfect for those who need to work for longer periods of time without being tied down by cords or fuel sources
- The machine weighs about 11 pounds, so it’s not as heavy as some other models
- It’s easy to assemble out of the box with a limited number of parts that can easily be put together
- Easily get started using this tool right away with no assembly required
- There are five cutting lengths available with Black & Decker LSTE525, ranging from 3-inches to 14-inches
- There are four height settings on this weed eater string trimmer edger for different heights and grasses: Low (0-1/2 inch), Medium (1-1/2 inch), High (3 inches) and Extra High (14 inches)
- You won’t have any problem getting into tight spaces due to its swiveling handle
- The adjustable handle allows for two different positions which can provide added comfort and control during use; includes ergonomic handles which reduce fatigue over prolonged use
- No more extension cords The battery powered weed eater string trimmer is cordless, which means you can trim your yard without worrying about getting caught on the cord or tripping over it.
- Quieter Some electric weed eater string trimmers are loud and sound like a lawn mower; this isn’t the case with battery powered weed eaters because they operate at a lower noise level than gas-powered ones.
- Lighter weight Cordless weed eaters weigh less than their counterparts, so if you have an elderly relative who needs to do some yard work or if you live in an apartment building where heavy equipment isn’t allowed, a battery powered weed eater string trimmer might be just what you need.
- Rechargeable If the power dies while you’re trimming your yard with one of these machines, don’t worry–you won’t have to stop working! The batteries charge back up within a few hours so that by nightfall your job will be done. And if for some reason it takes longer than that to recharge? Plug it into any standard outlet (with adapter) and the wait time is cut in half.
- Tool-free assembly There’s no need to wrestle with confusing instructions when assembling these tools! Just snap the pieces together and get started right away. Cons of Editor’s Pick: Black & Decker LSTE525 String Trimmer Edger : 1. Pricey Battery powered weed eaters may cost more upfront but they save money on costly extension cords and fuel, not to mention operating costs throughout the year since there are no engine maintenance costs associated with them.
- It is a gas powered weed eater string trimmer.
- It has an engine that can handle the toughest jobs with ease, no matter how large or small your yard.
We’ve put together a list of the top five weed eaters to help you make an informed decision. No matter what your needs are, we’re sure you’ll find one that suits you perfectly. This Black & Decker string trimmer is great for those who don’t need a lot of power. The 6.5 amp motor offers enough juice to cut through weeds, but not too much that it becomes unmanageable for smaller yards or tasks like edging, trimming around trees or bushes, under the deck or other tight spaces.
It’s also corded so there are no worries about running out of battery power halfway through a job. That said, if you have larger yard this might not be the right product for you as it can take up to twice as long as other models in our list. This weed eater is easy to use with an adjustable handle and lightweight frame that makes it more maneuverable than heavier models. You won’t have any problems getting into those hard-to-reach places with the 14 cutting diameter and 12 dual line capacity. Another bonus? A pivoting head lets you turn easily at various angles without having to lift the machine up each time.
It comes fully assembled with everything included from two cutting lines to two spools of nylon string so all you need do is plug it in and get started!
- The GH900 is a great choice for both homeowners and professionals because of its price, durability, power, and comfort.
- It has a 14-inch cutting swath with a powerful 6.5-amp motor that cuts through thick grasses with ease.
- The shaft is 36 inches long, which will help you cut taller grasses without crouching down or bending over excessively
- The shaft can be extended to 39 inches for taller users as well
- The handle is made from high quality material so it won’t slip out of your hands while you are working on the lawn
- The front wheel makes it easy to move around; however, we found that this wheel doesn’t turn very easily when trying to trim along edges.
- You don’t need an extension cord when using this trimmer since it operates on 6.5 amps of power
- The Black & Decker GH900 weighs 9 pounds, making it heavier than some other models
- It also features an automatic line feed system for continuous operation 10.Please share your thoughts in the comments below!
- The Black & Decker GH900 6.5-Amp 14-Inch Corded String Trimmer is a 6.5-amp, 14-inch corded string trimmer for all your trimming needs at home or on the job site. It features an automatic feed spool that is easy to replace when it gets too worn out. The GH900 is also very lightweight, making it ideal for people with bad backs or other disabilities who can’t carry heavy equipment around easily
- The only downside of this weed eater is that there are no attachments available, but this has its advantages as well because there are no additional parts to buy if you need different attachments
- If you’re looking for a battery powered weed eater string trimmer that doesn’t require any tools to assemble and get started right away, then this is the one for you! 4. Some customer reviews mention how much they love how light and easy the GH900 6.5-Amp 14-Inch Corded String Trimmer feels in their hands because of its low weight; others mention how well it runs despite being corded
- There have been some reports from customers about it breaking down after a short time, but many say that was fixed by going through Black & Decker’s warranty process
- Other pros of the GH900 include its affordable price, multiple safety features (including overheat protection), and lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
- With almost 100% positive feedback from users over Amazon, this might be just what you’re looking for!
- It is not as powerful as gas-powered weed eater string trimmers 3.
- They are also much more expensive than gas powered models
WORX is a company that manufactures power equipment. They have been making great quality products since 1989. One of the WORX products is the WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12 Grass Trimmer/Edger. There are many benefits to this product, including its power, design, ease of use, and more. This weed eater has a powerful battery that will last for about 1 hour 45 minutes per charge. It also has a quick release button for easy attachment changes, which means you can switch from edging to trimming in seconds!
The automatic feed spool provides an even line with no bumping or twisting, plus it makes rewinding easier. The 2-in-1 cutting head works both as a trimmer or an edger so you never have to buy separate tools for your yard again. Lastly, it features an anti-vibration system and ergonomic grip handle so the user feels comfortable while working on any type of terrain. All these factors make the WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12 Grass Trimmer/Edger our number one pick for powered weed eaters!
- What Is the Battery Runtime on a Worx WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12 Grass Trimmer/Edger? The runtime is around 40 minutes before requiring a recharge, which will take about an hour to complete.
- How Long Do the Spools for WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12 Grass Trimmer/Edger Last? There are two spools included with your purchase of this trimmer – one string line that is .095 inches in diameter and one that is .130 inches in diameter. You can use either type of spool, or both at once if you want. A single spool should last about 75 feet before it needs to be replaced with a new one!
- How Loud is WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12 Grass Trimmer/Edger? While it’s not the quietest trimmer out there, this one does have more power than some other cordless weed eaters without a gas engine. If noise levels aren’t too important to you and need more power, then you may like this option from Worx more than others.
- What Types of Weeds Does WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12 Grass Trimmer/Edger Cut Well On? With its dual-line cutting mechanism, this weed eater works well on grasses and weeds that are up to 8 inches tall. It won’t work well with anything taller than 8 inches unless you attach the additional height extender kit that comes as an optional add-on for $49.99. Keep in mind that this option doesn’t come with any other accessories aside from what is mentioned above, so check our guide below for more information about all of the options available!
- Who Would Use WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12 Grass Trimmer/Edger? Individuals who need something more powerful than a typical electric weed eater but don’t want to deal with the noise and exhaust fumes of a gas-powered device would benefit most from this particular option.
- Where Can I Find Replacement Spools For WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12 Grass Trimmer/Edger? Replacement spools are readily available online through Amazon or other retailers, where they typically cost between $8-$10 per pack of two (one size each). They come preloaded onto cardboard tubes that measure approximately 10 x 2, and will break down easily into individual parts when needed for storage purposes later on down the road.
- The battery charges in 45 minutes, which is significantly faster than the 2-4 hours for other similar products on the market.
- The battery lasts for about 30 minutes before it needs to be recharged, which is also a pretty good amount of time considering the power it provides.
- The tools are easy to use and change out, with no need for an additional tool to release or lock anything in place; all you have to do is pull a single lever at the bottom of the handle where you’re holding it with your hand .
- The string trimmer has a heavy duty 20V lithium-ion battery that can run for up to 60 minutes per charge and it uses 36 volts of power, meaning that even when you are fully charged, the trimmer will still work without draining any energy from the machine.
- The Worx GT WG163 uses a patented one-touch cutting system that not only powers through tough weeds but has enough torque and strength to take down small trees if necessary as well.
- There’s also a built in cordless edger function so you don’t have to worry about getting stuck halfway through trimming when there’s still too much edging left over. Cons: 1.
- Highest-rated electric weed eater string trimmer
- Time-saving design: no extension cords or gas necessary
If you’re looking for a cordless weed eater, the DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX Lithium Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer should be at the top of your list. With a brushless motor that is designed to last up to three times longer than a typical gas powered weed eater, this electric weed eater can go for up to 1.5 hours on one charge.
And with an 18-inch cutting swath, it will take you less time than ever before to get the job done. It also has two speed settings, so whether you are going over hard surfaces or tall weeds in your yard, this string trimmer will have you covered. Plus, its lightweight design (weighing just 8 pounds) means that no matter how long you work out there, you won’t feel tired or sore afterwards. For easy storage, the handle folds down easily and fits neatly into the included shoulder strap.
The only downside is that while its lithium ion battery charges fast, it does need more frequent charging than some other models we tested. That said, if you are looking for a reliable and powerful tool that can trim those hard-to-reach areas of your lawn easily without weighing you down when doing so, then this string trimmer should definitely make your shortlist.
- Protective shield – The DEWALT DCST920P1 features a protective shield to prevent debris from hitting the user or people in the vicinity of the trimmer
- Rapid reload line feeder – Unlike some other brands that require you to manually feed string into the trimmer, this one is fed automatically from a spool mounted on top
- Adjustable shaft – When using this trimmer, it’s important to have an adjustable shaft that allows you to keep your hand at an appropriate height while trimming
- Automatic line feed control – It’s also worth mentioning that this model includes automatic line feed control which prevents breakage when trimming thick grass or weeds
- Low vibration for operator comfort – Operating a weed eater for extended periods of time can be tiring, especially if there are vibrations from the motor. The DEWALT DCST920P1 was designed with low vibration motors to help reduce fatigue
- Extended power – If you’re going to invest in a battery powered weed eater then make sure it has an extended runtime so that you can work longer before having to recharge
- Brushless motor for durability and longevity – With brushless motors, there’s no need for brushes as these are replaced by magnetic fields created by stators spinning inside the motor casing. Brushless motors are much more durable than traditional ones because they don’t have any external moving parts that wear out over time
- The DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX Lithium Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer is a great product for trimming the grass around your home or garage. The battery lasts for a long time and you don’t have to worry about the string coming out when you need it most like with gas powered weed eaters.
- The trimmer comes with two batteries, so there is no downtime for charging, just swap them out! The engine is brushless so that means less wear and tear on the machine which also extends its life span
- When cutting through thick weeds or branches, this device has plenty of power to get the job done
- It’s not super heavy but still pretty hefty (18 pounds) so if you are looking for something light weight, this isn’t the right choice
- It has an auto feed head which makes trimming large areas much easier
- On the upside, it comes with two interchangeable 18-volt batteries that last a long time on a single charge.
- On the downside, the charger is not compatible with other DEWALT products or most chargers made by other brands.
If you are looking for a weed eater string trimmer that is both powerful and environmentally friendly, the Greenworks 13-Inch 40V Cordless String Trimmer is a good choice. The battery powered weed eater string trimmer has an ergonomic design, making it comfortable to use for long periods of time. Plus, it’s lightweight at only 7 pounds so you won’t feel weighed down after using it for awhile.
You can also charge the battery at any point in time instead of waiting until the battery dies to recharge it which reduces downtime significantly. Finally, this weed eater string trimmer comes with a 2 year warranty which covers any defects or malfunctions in the product. Overall, the Greenworks 13-Inch 40V Cordless String Trimmer is one of the best options out there if you want a lightweight, cordless model that offers power and functionality.
- Battery-powered weed eaters are perfect for trimming in hard to reach places because they have a much smaller body than traditional models, which makes them easier to handle.
- They’re also great for those who suffer from back problems or arthritis as it will reduce the strain on your back when using a string trimmer with an electric motor or battery powered weed eater string trimmer as it will reduce the strain on your back when using a string trimmer with an electric motor or battery powered weed eater string trimmer .
- It has a 13-inch cutting swath which is ideal for large areas of lawn that need attention.
- The Greenworks line of tools use Li-ion batteries that never needs to be recharged; just plug in and go!
- It is lightweight but still powerful at 13 pounds, so you don’t get tired while using it like some of the heavier models can do if you struggle with mobility issues.
- It has a two year warranty included so if anything happens during this time period, there will be no cost incurred by the customer whatsoever!
- It’s environmentally-friendly: It is powered by a battery that can be recharged from the wall or from a car, which is also great for those who are out in the field all day. And it has no carbon footprint!
- The handle extends to three different positions, making it easy to use with any height: Taller people don’t have to bend over so much, while shorter people don’t have to stoop down too far.
- It features an adjustable shaft length: So if you are tall, short, or somewhere in between, this weed eater will be just right for you!
- It weighs only 6.5 pounds, which makes it easier to control than other models on the market: There is less risk of arm fatigue when you are using this device than there would be with heavier ones, such as gas-powered string trimmers.
- Greenworks offers a 2 year warranty and lifetime support: If something does happen to go wrong (which shouldn’t happen often) then they’re there for you every step of the way with their excellent customer service and top notch products.
- The charging time for the battery is about 45 minutes, which means you may need to wait a bit before using it again.
Things to Consider before buying best Powered Weed Eater String Trimmers
The size of the unit– the weed eater string trimmer should be easy to use and comfortable for you to handle.
The power of the unit- most units have either a rechargeable battery or one that is removable, so take note of this when purchasing a unit
The noise level- it is recommended to purchase a weed eater string trimmer that emits as little noise as possible
The weight of the unit- if you are purchasing a powered weed eater string trimmer, make sure it is not too heavy or too light for your liking
The cost of the unit- there are many powered weed eater string trimmers available on the market at varying costs, so determine your budget before making a purchase
The safety features of unit– it is important that you purchase a weed eater string trimmer with safety features, like a short circuit protection.
There are several considerations that you need to make before buying a weed eater. You will also want to find a weed eater string trimmer that suits your needs. The best way to do this is by reading reviews on different models of powered weed eaters so that you can find one that works for your specific situation. To help make the task easier, here are five top weed eaters with their pros and cons so that you can compare them before making your decision. It is important to note that all of these string trimmers are battery powered.
We have reviewed five of some of the best weed eater string trimmer. There are many others to choose from as well, but these models offer great value for their price. You will also find that they are relatively easy to use and they give you a high level of precision when using them. These five weed eaters can help you to easily get rid of those weeds in your yard so that you can keep it looking nice without a lot of work on your part. Hopefully, after reading our reviews, you’ll have a better idea about which model is right for you.
Do battery powered weed eaters work?
Yes. Battery-powered weed eaters deliver fast and precise cuts to give you a well-manicured lawn. Like the gas-powered trimmers, they feature an accelerator that initiates the spinning of the cutting head to make cuts.
How long does a battery powered weed trimmer last?
A typical battery-powered trimmer lasts between 25 and 40 minutes per charge. However, anecdotal reports from some users indicate that the batteries can last for more than 60 minutes when the trimmer is operating on a low-speed setting.
If you want to enjoy longer cuts and your battery is not promising, you can buy spare batteries for replacing the ones that run out of juice while in the field.
How does the automatic feed spool in a trimmer work?
The feed spool detects and replaces the fading cutting lines to give you consistent cuts. It relieves you from the burden of feeding the cutting lines manually.
Last Updated on December 4, 2022